[IPAC-List] Utility Analysis

Patrick McCoy Patrick.McCoy at psc-cfp.gc.ca
Fri Feb 5 15:53:48 EST 2010

Another article of potential interest is:

Boudreau, J.W. (1989). Selection utility analysis: A review and agenda
for future research. In M. Smith & I. Robertson (Eds.), Advances in
Selection and Assessment (pp. 227-257). Chichester: John Wiley & Sons.

Thank you for your input.

Pat McCoy,Ph.D.
Ottawa, Canada

>>> "Aamodt, Michael G" <maamodt at RADFORD.EDU> 2010/02/04 11:15 am >>>

Pat,

Here are two articles that expand on the classic formula:

Boudreau, J. W. (1983). Economic considerations in estimating the
utility of human resource productivity improvement programs. Personnel
Psychology, 36, 551–576.

Russell, C. J., Colella, A., & Bobko, P. (1993). Expanding the context
of utility: The strategic impact of personnel selection. Personnel
Psychology, 46, 781–801.

Michael G. Aamodt, Ph.D. (Mike)
Professor Emeritus
Department of Psychology