[IPAC-List] Where were we?

Bryan Baldwin Bryan.Baldwin at doj.ca.gov
Fri May 21 21:23:14 EDT 2010

A good reminder of why context matters :)

Maybe if they had asked for a resume too...

Bryan Baldwin
Staff Services Manager II
California Department of Justice
Division of Administrative Support
Personnel Programs
(916) 322-5446

>>> Mark Hammer <Mark.Hammer at psc-cfp.gc.ca> 05/21/10 6:12 PM >>>

So, you would think that with all the know-how out there about on-line testing, and specifically unproctored on-line testing, that something like this never should have happened. But it happened anyway.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/05/20/boat-operators-card.html

Abstract: Canadian federal law introduced a requirement for pleasure-craft boaters to have a "proof of competency" card. The exam to obtain that "proof" could be done on-line and unproctored, with apparently no safeguards built in.

Colour me officially embarrassed for my government.

So where *were* we, that this could happen? How come nobody asked us? Reid, you come to town often enough. How in the dickens did they miss you?

Mark Hammer
Ottawa

IPAC-List at ipacweb.org