[IPAC-List] How is reading material used in training fire recruits, nationwide?

Joel Wiesen jwiesen at appliedpersonnelresearch.com
Thu May 27 12:48:56 EDT 2010

Many years ago I visited a large Fire Department Training Academy and
was told that they, basically, had dispensed with written training
materials, relying instead on oral and hands-on presentations of the
information and related hands-on practice.

Can any one tell me if this is the case nowadays in any large Fire
Departments?

On the other hand, are there large FDs that require fire recruits to
learn material from a written text without associated lecture and
hands-on presentations and practice?

Thx.

Joel

--