[IPAC-List] Pre-offer vs. Post-offer physical testing

Shelley Spilberg Shelley.Spilberg at post.ca.gov
Fri Feb 11 19:16:37 EST 2011

Kevin -

Although the focus in on law enforcement (peace officers, more specifically), you may find it useful to peruse our POST Medical Screening Manual for California Law Enforcement - http://www.post.ca.gov/medical-screening-manual.aspx. The first chapter includes a section on the pre-employment screening and the law which you may find useful.

A few years ago I conducted a series of workshops on ADA/FEHA and law enforcement hiring along with the DFEH Chief Counsel and a senior attorney in the ADA Division at the EEOC. The reference list handout from those sessions is attached.

Shelley

Shelley Weiss Spilberg, Ph.D.
CA. Commission on Peace Officer Stnds. & Trng.
1601 Alhambra Boulevard
Sacramento, CA.  95816-7083
(916) 227-4824