[IPAC-List] Selection & Assessment Consulting opportunity

Brian O'Sullivan bjo at iosolutions.org
Wed May 11 10:18:11 EDT 2011

Greetings folks...

Pardon the (potential) interruption-

I want to bring to the attention of any interested party an immediate
consulting/project manager opportunity available at I/O Solutions, Inc.
This opportunity is posted on the IPAC job board (and on the SIOP
website). For convenience, I've pasted this information below as well.
Thanks in advance for your attention and potential interest!

BjO

Brian J. O'Sullivan

Director of Consulting

Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Solutions, Inc.

1127 S. Mannheim Rd. Ste 203

Westchester, IL 60154

p. 888.784.1290 f. 708.410.1558

www.iosolutions.org <http://www.iosolutions.org> and
www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com <http://www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com>

- - - - - -

Position: Consultant/Project Manager

Company Background

I/O Solutions is a human resources consulting firm and national test
publisher located just outside Chicago in suburban Westchester, IL. I/O
Solutions' products and services can be categorized into three distinct
areas: 1) development, marketing and sale of off-the-shelf
examinations/assessment tools, 2) development of custom public-sector
entry-level and promotional testing/assessment tools, and 3) third-party
recruiting, application processing, test administration and secondary
screening assistance for municipalities. Functions one and two are
provided under the name I/O Solutions, while function three is provided
as a service of I/O Solutions under the name Public Safety Recruitment
(PSR). Our consulting division specializes in the development,
validation and implementation of selection systems for clients in the
public sector (particularly police, fire and other public safety
agencies). We work with many of the largest municipalities in the U.S.
to develop entry-level written examinations, structured interviews,
promotional job-knowledge examinations, SJTs, assessment centers,
performance evaluation systems and similar tools.

Compensation for the position is based on experience, education,
knowledge and skill set. We offer an excellent benefit package to
include premium health-care, dental, 401k (with employer contribution),
bonuses, cell-phone reimbursement, annual company outings, as well as
other benefits. We offer flexible work arrangements after a specified
period of employment. We pride ourselves on our ingenuity, attention to
detail in working with clients, responsiveness to client needs and our
reputation in the realm of public-safety testing. In addition, we
strongly value our organizational culture as a fun, fast-paced and
energetic work environment! While our culture is relatively informal,
our expectations are not. I/O Solutions is a small group of dedicated
professionals, and we are looking to expand our consulting team with
individuals who share our work values!

Position Description-Consultant

The Consultant/ Project Manager position is responsible for a variety of
duties including serving as a consultant for test development and
organization development projects, and conducting research and
development work related to nationally-published
examinations/instruments. This position will require immediate immersion
into a consulting/project management role and thus previous experience
in client-facing selection and/or assessment role (internal or external)
is needed. Consultants can expect 25-30% out-of-state travel.

If interested in this position, please carefully review the duties,
knowledge, experience and skill/ability requirements to determine if
this is a good fit for you!

Duties/Responsibilities

* Independently and simultaneously manage multiple test
development and validation projects

* Serve as a project contact/client liaison-provide excellent
customer service to meet and maintain all client needs

* Schedule projects and coordinate administrative details
regarding projects to include assessor selection/arrangements, site
procurement, role-player selection/training, assessment center
scheduling, etc.

* Conduct job analysis to include interviews, observations,
JAQ development/analysis and job-analysis documentation

* Create and conduct live candidate orientation sessions

* Develop written exams, oral interviews and assessment
centers in accordance with company protocols, client demands and
industry guidelines

* Develop assessment center/structured interview training and
conduct training with large groups of assessors

* Administer examinations and assessment centers; maintain
test security and integrity

* Analyze psychometric properties of tests and assessments;
conduct data analysis on job analysis questionnaires, etc.

* Write technical documentation sufficient for legal inquires
and in accordance with the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection
Procedures

* Assist other consultants with projects; travel as necessary
to aid in the administration of assessment centers

Knowledge & Experience Requirements

* A Masters degree (at the time of application) in
Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related field is required;
Ph.D./ABD is desired

* 5 years of full-time work experience in HR, personnel
selection or a related field is preferred; Experience in
selection/assessment is strongly preferred

* A strong academic and experience-based foundation in
personnel selection and psychometrics is needed

* Expertise in personnel selection, to include:

o Job analysis

o Test development principles & techniques

o Validation methodology

o Written examinations, SJTs, etc.

o Structured interviews

o Assessment Centers

o Professional standards (SIOP Principles, Uniform Guidelines,
Standards for Educational & Psychological Testing, Assessment Center
Guidelines, etc.) and industry best-practices

o Legal issues related to selection (to include Title VII, ADA,
etc.)

* Thorough understanding of statistics and psychometrics;
Working knowledge and practical experience with SPSS

* Knowledge of human resources management and related systems

Critical Skills and Abilities

* Excellent interpersonal skills-Ability to fit seamlessly
with co-workers and to project a strong/positive client orientation

* Professional presence and demeanor; strong customer service
orientation is essential

* Strong oral communication skills and client presentation
skills (you will regularly present to groups ranging from 5 to 500)

* Strong consulting skill set (interpersonal skill, oral
communication, assertiveness, sales orientation, proficient knowledge in
product area, etc.)

* Strong project management skill set (organization skills,
planning, self-motivation, responsiveness to clients, etc.)

* Ability to independently manage multiple projects
simultaneously-often with conflicting timelines, etc.

* Strong written communication skills needed to develop
technical documentation, assessment exercises, supporting assessment
documents, etc.

* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills

* Ability to work quickly/efficiently on tasks, while
maintaining a meticulous and uncompromising attention to detail

* Willingness to seek information within the business,
actively engage in your training (seek out information during training),
and consistently build on your knowledge base without prompt

* Highly motivated and able to function autonomously after
six months; willing to "do more than required" to allow I/O Solutions
to gain a competitive advantage in our industry

* High level of responsibility and willingness to take
responsibility for assigned projects

* Strong group/team orientation

* Willingness to conduct a multitude of tasks including
complex assignments and necessary administrative functions

* "Thick-skinned"-Remain professional, yet assertive as
challenges arise from vocal/involved candidate population; knowledge or
experience in working in a union environment is helpful

This is a new position posted on April 27th, 2011 (SIOP posting).
Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter, resume and
salary expectation to Brian J. O'Sullivan-Director of Consulting at
brian at iosolutions.org immediately.

I/O Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.