[IPAC-List] Teamwork ability

Pluta, Paul ppluta at hr.lacounty.gov
Wed May 11 09:16:40 EDT 2011

Keith, The exercise you referred to sounds like an assessment center
exercise known as a Leaderless Group Discussion (LGD). This is an
excellent exercise for assessing teamwork ability, although it may also
be used to assess leadership emergence. The exercise still gets at many
teamwork competencies. I suggest identifying the competencies you would
like to assess and building the exercise around those competencies
(e.g., cooperation, communication, developing good working
relationships, etc.). Best of luck.