[IPAC-List] promotional exam strategy

Morris, Ramona (JUS) Ramona.Morris at ontario.ca
Wed Jun 29 12:00:02 EDT 2011

The variation amongst how clients use the test is a challenge. Each
service can use the provincial test as they see fit in their own
promotional process. A good number seem to just use a minimum score
(70-75%) as a gateway into the process. Others use the score as a
percentage of the process (say its worth 20% of their overall score in
the process). Many services do a separate P and P exam (some on the
same day).

The exam materials consist of a wide variety of materials, including
texts on community policing, management/supervision, and provincial and
federal law.

My concern is that we provide a defensible "third-party" component for
their promotional processes. This strategy appears to have merit. ...but
I have more work to do .

Ramona

x4417