[IPAC-List] Validating High School Diplomas and GEDs as a Minimum Qualification

Mitch Stein Mitch.Stein at tn.gov
Wed Jul 13 09:18:52 EDT 2011

On a somewhat tangential issue, has anyone found a good way to convince powers-that-be that the word "minimum" in minimum qualifications does not mean the exact same thing as "desired"? I've tried educating them on the issues involved, I've tried citing legal cases and explaining the laws, and I've even tried making the legal approach more personal by pointing out section 1983 (I'm in the public sector). I've even tried the "just say no" approach...which does not work too well as they just leave tracks in what is left of my hair in going over my head...so if you value your hair you might skip that one. ;-)

cheers,
Mitch

Mitchell Stein, PhD
Director of Research