[IPAC-List] Candidate Reduction Strategies

Saul Fine saulfine at zahav.net.il
Tue Mar 13 04:30:42 EDT 2012

I like the idea of charging a small fee to apply (assuming that is what
Harry meant).
Not only might it help cover some of the costs per hire, but perhaps deter
some of the less serious candidates from applying as well.
I know of some public agencies and universities that do this outside of the
US (unfortunately, their fees are not at all modest...).
But, my guess is that most commercial firms would have a hard time getting
away with this.
Saul.