[IPAC-List] Personality Testing for Entry-level Firefighters

Fred Rafilson fred at iosolutions.org
Wed Jul 11 14:51:10 EDT 2012

Hi Leilani,

Many Fire Departmentts throughout the nation, including several large cities, use our National Firefighter Selection Inventory (NFSI) which contains both a cognitive and a personality component. It is very common for fire departments to use personality assessments as part of their entry-level selection process. Also, yes, most fire departments conduct background investigations and many conduct polygraph examinations and psychological evaluations as well.

Fred M. Rafilson, Ph.D.
I/O Solutions, Inc
www.iosolutions.org