[IPAC-List] Calculators

Paul Pluta ppluta at hr.lacounty.gov
Wed Jan 16 15:12:08 EST 2013

Here is the language we use on the cover of our test booklets.

YOU MAY USE ONLY A HAND-HELD, BATTERY OPERATED, STANDARD ARITHMETIC NON-TAPE-PRODUCING CALCULATOR DURING THIS EXAMINATION. USE OF MEMORY-STORAGE CALCULATORS, SCIENTIFIC/STATISTICAL CALCULATORS, CELL PHONES, AND PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANTS (PDAs) IS PROHIBITED.

We provide our examinees with a cheap basic calculator and scratch paper and a pencil. No other materials are allowed on the table/desk during the examination.