[IPAC-List] Facebook

Blair, Michael [HR] Michael.Blair at sprint.com
Mon Feb 25 13:54:55 EST 2013

Dennis -

My personal opinion is that Facebook is a social media site in the truest sense and an individual's Facebook profile is not relevant from an employment or graduate admissions perspective. While I think it atypical that a someone in the 15-30 year age range (and climbing!) would not have a Facebook page, I would not let it influence me either way regarding entry into graduate school or employment. It's just as likely that they have had the "fear of Facebook profiles" hammered into them via the media, their parents, friends, etc., so they deleted their account regardless of the actual content.

My observations indicate that student behavior in high school, college, and graduate school has not changed much in the past 40 years. However, due to social media, it's more visible and discoverable.
Michael Blair
Manager Recruitment
Network Operations, Wholesale & Recruitment Technology
Office: 913-439-5222/ Wireless: 913-832-6130
michael.blair at sprint.com<mailto:michael.blair at sprint.com>
www.linkedin.com/in/blairmichaeld<http://www.linkedin.com/in/blairmichaeld>