[IPAC-List] Time for Situational Interview Questions

Blair, Michael [HR] Michael.Blair at sprint.com
Wed Mar 13 15:56:06 EDT 2013

Dennis -

I think the answer does depend on the level. I like to use 6-7 questions for a behavioral-based interview. For lower and mid-level roles, I plan on a 45 minute interview allocating 30 minutes to the actual interview questions. The other 15 minutes are for opening and closing the interview. For higher level roles, I use a 60 minute format with 6-7 questions, allocating most of the additional time to the questions.

Doing the math, that would be 4-5 minutes per question for low to mid-level roles and 6-7 minutes per question for higher roles.

Michael Blair
Manager Recruitment
Network Operations, Wholesale & Recruitment Technology
Office: 913-439-5222/ Wireless: 913-832-6130
michael.blair at sprint.com<mailto:michael.blair at sprint.com>
www.linkedin.com/in/blairmichaeld<http://www.linkedin.com/in/blairmichaeld>