[IPAC-List] Time for Situational Interview Questions

Barry Nathan barry.nathan at leaderbusinesscoaching.com
Thu Mar 14 12:15:00 EDT 2013

Clients I've worked with find that 5-6 max is the limit. These have been mid to higher level management positions in the private sector, where they wanted to ensure that enough time was given to talk about the company ("sell" the job), as well ask questions to the applicant. Thus their 60 minutes included opening introduction/chit-chat, plus interview questions, plus time for the candidate. Even 6 was difficult.

On Mar 13, 2013, at 3:56 PM, Leilani Yan M. <LYan at pbcgov.org> wrote:

> We agree with Paul, 10-12 situational questions in an hour, including a little time up front to orient the interviewee to the process.

Barry R. Nathan, PhD
Organizational Psychologist
Leader Business Coaching
barry.nathan at LeaderBusinessCoaching.com
412.901.2685
www.LeaderBusinessCoaching.com