[IPAC-List] Readings on Increased Structure in Application Review

Gist, Christopher A@DOR Christopher.A.Gist at dor.ca.gov
Thu Aug 1 15:54:27 EDT 2013

I am searching for articles or research and discussion on the topic of
increasing reliability and effectiveness in hiring by using increased
structure in screening the applications submitted for a job opening. In
short, using job-related and pre-determined criteria, a reviewer screens
all the applications and determines who is most qualified even to sit
for an interview. Besides what I am doing in my own practice, can
anyone point me toward some reading material on this topic? Thanks.

Chris Gist, Selections Manager
Dept. of Rehabilitation
(916) 558-5549 Fax: 916-445-1603

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is
solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized
interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate
applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
destroy all copies of the communication.