[IPAC-List] Personality Assessments

Richard Joines mpscorp at value.net
Wed Sep 11 18:20:34 EDT 2013

Barry,

My suggestion would be to try to operationally define what your SME's
consider "ego." Do they think these folks would be too directive, too
authoritative, or something else? What are we really talking about?

If ego means too directive (too autocratic), then perhaps you legitimately
achieve your goal by building exercises or interviews that give more credit
to those who understand and behave as participative leaders. In my
experience, personality typically refers to whether leaders listen, include
others, empower others, etc., vs. dictate and decide and ignore. I just
don't think you can discover these truths about people in management jobs
using personality tests.

Good luck.

Rich Joines, President
Mgt & Personnel Systems, Inc.