[IPAC-List] On-line Testing

Reindl, Kevin K1RQ at pge.com
Thu Feb 13 16:13:03 EST 2014

Maria,

We recently moved from paper to online testing. However, we are now doing unproctored online testing for the majority of our testing.

If you are needing to remain proctored, you have a few decisions to make regarding the model you use:

* In-person proctoring - test takers come to a testing center and test in front of a live proctor. I've used this model in my past employment and used PSI, Inc. - they have testing centers around the country and also publish a wide range of their own tests. They were good partners. Another option is PAN testing...I've not used them, but looked at them in the past as they also have testing centers and proctors around the country.

* Remote proctoring - test takers take test from home, but are monitored remotely via web-cam by remote "proctors". While I have not used that model, we seriously considered Proctor U - who does a lot of proctoring for educational settings, and are now branching into industry testing.

Kevin Reindl
Performance, Selection & Inclusion
Human Resources
Pacific Gas and Electric