[IPAC-List] Do you hire Bridge Painters?

Mark Hammer Mark.Hammer at cfp-psc.gc.ca
Mon Jul 7 16:14:43 EDT 2014

Some years back, actor Adam Arkin was in a short-lived sitcom called
"Busting Loose".  In one episode he had a girlfriend who had made
"plans" for their future, which included him working for her father, and
moving up in the father's high-end crystal business.  "But I don't know
anything about crystal", he said to the girlfriend.  "What's there to
know?", she replied, "just don't bump into anything".

What's there to know about being a bridge painter?  Just don't fall
off.  :-)

Mark Hammer
Ottawa

>>> Jfrankart <jedijimf at gmail.com> 2014/07/07 3:18 PM >>>
When I was with mapac we had a presentation from the New York Port
Authority. They had a very simple test for painters on the George
Washington Bridge. They would take them up to the top strap them in and
had to walk down the barrel and back up the barrel. If they could do
that it would hire them. You may want to talk to them and see what
they're doing currently. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPad

<jwiesen at appliedpersonnelresearch.com> wrote:

> Seeking documents related to hiring Bridge Painters:
>
> - Examination Announcements
>
> - Job analyses
>
> - Other
>
> Anything will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Joel
>

> --
> Joel P. Wiesen, Ph.D., Director
> Applied Personnel Research
> 62 Candlewood Road
> Scarsdale, NY 10583-6040
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelwiesen
> (617) 244-8859
> http://appliedpersonnelresearch.com
>

> Note: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information. Please do not forward any contents
without permission. If you have received this message in error please
destroy all copies, completely remove it from your computer, and notify
the sender. Thank you.

IPAC-List at ipacweb.org

Ce courriel est destiné exclusivement au destinataire mentionné en titre
et peut contenir de l'information privilégiée, confidentielle ou
soustraite à la communication aux termes des lois applicables. Toute
divulgation non autorisée, toute reproduction ou réacheminement est
interdit. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce courriel, ou n'êtes
pas autorisé par le destinataire visé, ou encore, si vous l'avez reçu
par erreur, veuillez le mentionner immédiatement à l'expéditeur et
supprimer le courriel et les copies.

This e-mail message is intended for the named recipient(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or
re-transmission is prohibited. If you are not a named recipient or not
authorized by the named recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, then please notify the sender immediately and delete
the message and any copies.