[IPAC-List] Indemnify and Hold Harmless Insurance Policies?

Harry Brull (OCE) Harry.Brull at KornFerry.com
Fri Oct 3 00:45:03 EDT 2014

Allow me to add a couple I have personally experienced.

1.     A County in Maryland had a 9 AM deadline for a proposal. Since FedEx only guaranteed 10 AM delivery, I called a week before the deadline and received permission to have the proposal delivered up to an hour later. Imagine my surprise when my proposal was returned unopened. When I called for explanation, I was told that the individual who granted me the one hour extension was not authorized to do so. Allowing our proposal to be read might result in a protest from another proposer.  The proposal, by the way, was delivered at 9:17 AM.

2.     I wrote a proposal to Maricopa County, AZ and didn't hear anything. When I called inquiring about the result, I was told the project had been awarded to another bidder. When I asked why we weren't informed, they told me it was too onerous a task to inform the non-selected bidders. I the asked how many proposals they had received. The aswer - five!
I told them next time I would send a stamped, self-addressed postcard with my proposal,
Needless to say - there was no next time.

More experiences? Maybe we could send these experiences  to the association of municipal purchasing departments.
When I'm feeling churlish, I call them "spawns of satan".

Harry Brull, Senior Vice President

PDI Ninth House, a Korn/Ferry Company
8157 Buck Run
Salida, CO 81201