[IPAC-List] police officer hiring

Walker, Kathleen A. KaWalker at littlerock.org
Fri Oct 30 11:58:11 EDT 2015

IPAC listers - We have a relatively new Police Chief (a little over a year), and he has requested a complete audit of the entry Police Officer hiring process.  The City of Little Rock PD is accredited by ACLEA, and the 911 center just went through an audit by APCO, but I would like a vendor/consultant with experience with the assessment side of law enforcement, since testing will be included in the audit.  These are some of the items which will be included in this audit/review concerning the entry police officer process:

*       Recruiting/advertising/marketing

*       Testing (i.e. written exams)

*       Physical ability testing

*       Structured interviews, panel interviews, assessment centers

*       Background investigations & standards (best practices)

*       Recruit Training (best practices)
Since the Chief has requested this, we have requested to be in this process to ensure the vendor chosen is an assessment professional, not a law enforcement professional.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to a vendor/consultant that could perform this type of review/audit?
Thank you all for your assistance,
Kathleen Walker
City of Little Rock