[IPAC-List] Vendors for written exams - entry police and fire

Oscar Spurlin oscar at ergometrics.org
Tue Jan 5 14:22:14 EST 2016

Hi Kelley,

As Steve mentioned, FireTEAM is an extremely effective tool for identifying
potential top performers as demonstrated through our rigorous development
and validation process.  This simulation exam is the most sophisticated
firefighter simulation exam available.  It is used to measure critical
aspects of a candidate's potential, such as teamwork, human relations and
mechanical aptitude.  FireTEAM is used by over 500 fire departments across
the country, most of which have used it many times over because of the
effectiveness of the exam.

While we understand what Steve is saying, and have worked directly with TVFR
stakeholders regarding candidate and department member perceptions, this is
not a perception that is pervasive across our clients.  We have reviewed the
exam with hundreds of professionals in the field with overwhelmingly
positive feedback and confirmation that the exam is highly job related.
Below are a few quotes from our clients.

Senior Analyst

Santa Clara Fire Department, CA

"Upon completing the FireTEAM video based exam, the raters conducting
interviews prior to being accepted into the academy indicated this was one
of the most qualified group of recruits that had been screened based off
interview results."

Battalion Chief

Redmond Fire , WA

"We have been impressed with the FireTEAM exam since inception. Repeatedly
our department has filled the top 5 positions in the Fire academy that has
over 100 participants from 5 local agencies. The other 4 agencies are using
another exam."

Fire Captain

Mayer Fire District, Arizona

"Transitioning to Ergometrics has proven most valuable for our organization.
Expanded reach of our job postings, mainstream evaluations, and prompt
communication has produced the highest level of candidates.  We will
continue to utilize FIRETEAM for years to come."

Fire Chief

City of Gainesville, Florida

"We are extremely satisfied with the FireTEAM process.  I can wholeheartedly
recommend the National Testing Network from firefighter entry up to
Battalion-level promotional testing.  FireTEAM is fast becoming the
preferred format for firefighter selection, we have moved from an entire
in-house process to using FireTEAM to develop our hiring lists.  The detail
of information from the reading, math and mechanical components translate
well to the fire service and have resulted in producing outstanding
candidates from which to choose.  The Personal History Questionnaire option
is another factor that provides us with a unique perspective; these together
with the CPAT provide an impressive array of tools from which to make the
critical hiring decisions in the highly competitive firefighter market.
Beyond the quality of the FireTEAM product is the outstanding level of
personalized client service and attention, these all together form a
refreshing and quality experience."

Human Resources Director

Miami Township, Montgomery County - OH

"Ergometrics offers critical value to my organization's selection processes.
The tools produced are quality-based solutions which assist us in
consistently selecting the most qualified candidates. They are job specific
and criterion validated. This same quality applies to Ergometrics' level of
customer service and it is a high standard that is practiced by each
Ergometrics professional."

The success of FireTEAM in not limited to just client satisfaction, it has
also been through extremely rigorous validation and independent evaluation.
The United States Department of Justice has reviewed the validation and
results from FireTEAM on multiple occasions, all resulting in favorable
outcomes and no litigation for our clients.

If you would like more information regarding FireTEAM or a product demo
please let us know.  Good luck with your search for an effective firefighter
examination process.

Thanks,
Oscar