[IPAC-List] Speed vs Power Tests

Joel Wiesen jwiesen at appliedpersonnelresearch.com
Thu Jun 2 21:09:35 EDT 2016

Mike offered his 2011 IOP focal article to the list.  I offer my
(unpublished) response to his article, in partial rebuttal (attached).

Concerning the subject line of this thread, I think the field of I/O.
may be overlooking an opportunity to both increase validity and decrease
adverse impact.  If speed is a valid predictor for some jobs, and if
speed shows no intergroup differences in mean scores, we might
reasonably expect to increase validity and decrease adverse impact by
including in the selection battery a job-related measure of work speed.
I find this possibility to be exciting and encouraging.  Do you?

Joel

- -
Joel P. Wiesen, Ph.D., Director
Applied Personnel Research
62 Candlewood Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583-6040
http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelwiesen
(617) 244-8859
http://appliedpersonnelresearch.com

Note: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information. Please do not forward any contents
without permission. If you have received this message in error please
destroy all copies, completely remove it from your computer, and notify
the sender. Thank you.