[IPAC-List] Confirming ID of Skype Job Interviewees

Blair, Michael michael.blair at hrblock.com
Mon Jun 6 11:15:38 EDT 2016

Leilani -

At the risk of stating the obvious... why not use the process you currently use for telephone interviews?  If remote interviewing is new to your organization and Skype is the mode of choice, then I would suggest using the video chat feature.  This would offer essentially the same deterrent as a live interview.  The best approach may be to simply not worry about it.  Research on this and similar modes of cheating (e.g., remote interviews, web-based testing) indicates it is a relatively rare.  Also, stupid people tend to have stupid friends, so it's likely the interview wouldn't go well regardless.

Michael Blair