[IPAC-List] ATS and HRIS Vendors

Keith Poole keith.poole at phoenix.gov
Thu Feb 9 17:26:56 EST 2017

We've been using PeopleSoft for both ATS and HRIS since 2008.  The ATS part has a combination of vanilla PeopleSoft pages and some added on (heavily customized) pages.  The IT department refers to the special pages as a bolt-on.  The customizations handle test scoring and eligible list management.  We've tried to keep customizations of vanilla PeopleSoft pages to a minimum...there is a little interface between our bolt-on and vanilla but mostly just keeping statuses in sync (e.g., if we change an applicant in our bolt-on to say "Eligible", the interface will update the vanilla page to say "Screened").  We haven't had any real problems with upgrades in PeopleSoft since the tables and fields for the bolt-on are pretty much independent.  However, the bolt-on needs to be moved into the new environment each time, which takes IT resources.  We frequently are asked to look at eliminating the bolt-on and try to figure out how to do everything in vanilla.  I suspect at some point we may lose the bolt-on battle.

Keith Poole
Human Resources Supervisor

City of Phoenix | Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
251 West Washington Street, 3rd floor
Phoenix, Arizona 85003

Direct 602-262-7140
Fax 602-534-5498
keith.poole at phoenix.gov<mailto:first.last at phoenix.gov>

[HR Connection Center logo]
Your one-stop source for human resources information and services.
55-700 * (602) 495-5700 * hrc at phoenix.gov<mailto:hrc at phoenix.gov>