[IPAC-List] Turnover

Lance Seberhagen lance at seberhagen.com
Thu Aug 9 14:49:00 EDT 2018

Ghosting seems like a rude response by new hires, but maybe they don't
know what else to do, particularly if this is their first career job.
In times of full employment, new employee orientation ("on-boarding")
programs should tell new hires what to do if they unexpectedly get a
better job offer or need to quit for some other reason.  Employers
should encourage new hires to let them know about the situation to see
if something can be worked out or at least to provide an orderly exit.
Exit interviews can also provide valuable information about why new
hires are leaving so soon after hire, so appropriate action can be taken
to reduce the problem in the future.

Lance Seberhagen, Ph.D.

Seberhagen & Associates

9021 Trailridge Court