[IPAC-List] Merit System Principles and hiring competent people

Blair, Michael Michael.Blair2 at opm.gov
Wed Jan 8 12:46:21 EST 2020

Joel -

If the assessment is developed and validated appropriately, then those who pass should be competent in the job or at least competent in those aspects of the job that are required at entry and measured by the assessment.

Michael D. Blair
Lead Personnel Research Psychologist
United States Office of Personnel Management

P: 202-957-5427 | M: 202-957-5427
Michael.Blair2 at opm.gov | www.opm.gov/HRS