[Hackrf-dev] Testing my new HackRF One

emmanuel.fuste at laposte.net emmanuel.fuste at laposte.net
Thu Aug 21 18:43:25 EDT 2014

Hello,

As Jon B and Larry, I got my HackRF One working under GQRX, GNURadio & gr-osmosdr (Debian Sid and Pentoo) but got only noise and a flat spectra.
I was very worried that the RF stage is dead (sorry Michael for the hurry ...).
But as I was not alone, and with the drastic fab validation Michael put in place, the problem is surely not there...
- Tomorrow, I will try to play a bit more with the gain settings. I was a bit shy and did not push the settings too far.
- Will test the antenna, perhaps this is the same problem as Jon ?

With my 868Mhz alarm remote fired at 1m50, I see the transmission pulse, but with a very very low signal. An antenna problem is a good track : the signal strength is the same with and without antenna !!

Whatever I will find, it deserve a small "RF validation procedure for beginner" tutorial.
I hope it will only be a big fright...

Emmanuel.
---