[IPAC-List] Passing points, a different question

Saul Fine saulfine at zahav.net.il
Tue Jan 27 15:20:31 EST 2009

Hi Joel,
If the purpose is for a concurrent study of a new test, I would submit that
the real question is how to set the passing score.
Ideally, the final pass mark should include nearly all of the QUALIFIED
incumbents.
Therefore, it might make sense to match test scores against performance
criteria, and thereby setting the cut-score at the attainment score level of
at least avg to above performers.
Saul

Saul Fine, PhD
Chief R&D Officer