[IPAC-List] Adding bonus points to exam scores of city residents

Jeff Feuquay jfeuquay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:53:03 EST 2009

Interesting idea. I'd be curious about the demographics of in-city vs
out-of-city applicants. If there are race/ethnicity differences, I would be
wary of the argument that Dayton is engaging in disparate treatment by
adjusting scores based on race/ethnicity. I'd sure want a LNDR for giving
the points, e.g., to encourage employees to live closer to work, be able to
articulate the business advantage/necessity, and show that there was no
better way to get it done. As an aside, if the bonus points are high enough,
would it not encourage folks to rent a by-the-week motel room and use that
address for test-taking?

Jeff Feuquay, Psychologist, Attorney, and Stuff

--
Jeff