[IPAC-List] Entry-level accountants and auditors: how do you recruit them?

Coopman, Laura L - OSER Laura.Coopman at wisconsin.gov
Wed Jan 27 17:16:52 EST 2010

Our team in Wisconsin is interested in how other states recruit and evaluate entry level accountants and auditors, and your corresponding minimum qualifications/requirements.
Wisconsin currently recruits for entry level accountants and auditors through a continuous recruitment to develop a register of entry-level accounts available to fill various positions as needed throughout state government. Here is a link to the employment announcement http://wisc.jobs/public/job_view.asp?annoid=40868&jobid=40383&index=true.
To apply, applicants must complete a self-identification survey which outlines their qualifications. To meet the minimum qualifications, applicants must indicate their academic preparation, experience or training described in at least one of the 4 items listed on the examination/application packet linked here http://oser.state.wi.us/docview.asp?docid=1450
We appreciate the sharing of your current practices or techniques used, and any insights into associated successes or failures as well.

Thank you!

Laura Coopman
Human Resources Consultant, Division of Merit Recruitment & Selection
Office of State Employment Relations
101 E. Wilson St., 4th Fl. P.O. Box 7855
Madison, WI 53707-7855
Phone: (608) 267-5165; Fax: (608) 267-1000