[IPAC-List] Assessment of general office skills

cpaullin at humrro.org cpaullin at humrro.org
Thu Mar 25 07:49:36 EDT 2010

There are a number of offerings available. Here are a couple of options
for exploring assessments might be best suited for your administrative
positions.....

1. The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) offers a hiring toolkit
that provides information about different types of assessments that are
more and less suited for measuring various competencies. You indicate
which competencies are most relevant for your positions and then you can
learn more about assessments. My organization helped OPM prepare the
information that is incorporated in this website. You have to dig through
a few layers to find it.

www.opm.gov , then choose HR Practitioners/Agencies --> Tools & Resources
--> Hiring Toolkit --> Select the Best --> Personnel Assessment &
Selection Resource --> Assessment Decision Guides

2. pan, a Talx Company, offers web-based assessments from a variety of
different publishers. You can look up tests used for specific purposes
(e.g., pre-employment screening) and for specific types of occupations
(e.g., administrative and clerical). It's a good way to learn about
different publishers' offerings and, if you're interested in using them,
you can buy the assessments through and have them delivered by pan. Of
course, you could also go directly to the publishers to purchase access to
the tests. NOTE: I have no affiliation with pan.

see www.panpowered.com

Cheryl Paullin
Manager, Assessment Research & Analysis Program
Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO)
voice: 612-379-3834, ext 301
email: cpaullin at humrro.org