[IPAC-List] Validating High School Diplomas and GEDs as a Minimum Qualification

Blair, Michael [HR] Michael.Blair at sprint.com
Tue Jul 12 12:34:12 EDT 2011

Nathan -

Two resources you should look at:

(1) Eric Prien has co-authored several papers/presentations on validating MQs for selection. I believe Eric is still in the Memphis area (his company - PMA - is still listed, but it may have been pass to Bloom by now).

(2) 2005 Personnel Psych article by Buster, Roth, and Bobko builds on Eric's and other's work on defensible methods to establish MQs. In fact, the article describes the approach used by the state of Alabama that was approved for use in Federal court. The title of the article is: "A PROCESS FOR CONTENT VALIDATION OF
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCED-BASED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: AN APPROACH RESULTING IN FEDERAL COURT APPROVAL"

I have used a variant of these procedures successfully for 10+ years.

Michael Blair
Manager Recruitment
Network Operations, Wholesale & Recruitment Technology
Office: 913-439-5222/ Wireless: 913-832-6130
michael.blair at sprint.com
www.linkedin.com/in/blairmichaeld