[IPAC-List] Goals for "proficiency" in a competency?

Jamie Madigan Jamie.Madigan at nara.gov
Tue Jul 10 12:13:26 EDT 2012

Looking for some perspectives and benchmarks related to the use of competency models. My agency has set the (perhaps lofty) goal of ensuring that "95% of its employees have the competencies needed to successfully perform this job." This is a long-term goal that was set before my time, and I'm wondering if it's a bit extraordinary to expect that 95% of employees be proficient in all job related competencies.

I was wondering if there was research or if other agencies/organizations could tell what their goals in this area are and how they were set long range.

Jamie Madigan
Jamie.Madigan at nara.gov
314-801-0878