[IPAC-List] Length of Eligible Lists

TR Lin TR.Lin at lmsvsd.k12.ca.us
Thu Sep 5 17:15:28 EDT 2013

Hi Adele,

Briefly speaking, our eligibility lists are automatically terminated
one year from the date of their approval, unless extended for up to
another six months or a year by the Personnel Commission per my
recommendations, based on the quality of the remaining eligibles and the
needs.

For some high turnover job classes and frequently used eligibility
lists, we implement continuous testing procedures, and the names of
eligibles automatically drop after one year.

The above procedures come from the California Education Code which
impacting about 100 K-12 merit system school and community college
districts in California.

T.R. Lin
Director, Classified Personnel
Personnel Commission
La Mesa-Spring Valley School District
619-668-5700 ext. 6483
tr.lin at lmsvsd.k12.ca.us

>>> "Demooy, Adele" <Adele.Demooy at mwrd.org> 9/5/2013 1:17 PM >>>

The District’s enabling legislation requires that the majority of our
eligible lists remain in force for three years. I’d be interested in
learning how frequently other agencies are replenishing lists. Is the
length of your lists effectively meeting your staffing needs?

Adele De Mooy
Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
(312)751-5172