[IPAC-List] Developing Test Norms and the CRA

Dennis Doverspike dennisdoverspike at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:35:27 EDT 2015

Shelley,

I am not sure your question can be answered without knowing how the norms
will be used.

However, ignoring that important question, one could still have multiple
reported norming groups or populations. For example, one could have norms
reported for the population of all high school graduates, which one might
assume would be close to 50/50, for persons looking for work with the ksas
in the local labor area, and for the applicant population, which I would
assume would not be 50/50. Without knowing if there are any constraints
imposed by California law, I would say that the demographic characteristics
for the reported norm group should match that of the relevant population
corresponding to that norming group.

I would add that in norming that one often oversamples groups with low
representation for practical reasons.  The final results can then be
adjusted to reflect this oversampling in the initial collection of data.

Dennis

--
Dennis Doverspike, PhD., ABPP
Licensed Psychologist, #3539 (OHIO)
dennisdoverspike at gmail.com

The information is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential, privileged and/or a work product
for the sole use of the intended recipient. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any errant transmission. If you receive this message
in error, please destroy all copies of it and notify the sender. If the
communication is strictly prohibited. In the case of E-mail or electronic
transmission, immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system
and notify the sender. E-mail and fax transmission cannot be guaranteed to
be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.