[IPAC-List] Local government preference for internal employees

Shekerjian, Rene (CS) Rene.Shekerjian at cs.ny.gov
Thu Sep 10 09:11:21 EDT 2015

Mark makes some interesting points. Based on my observations in New York State, I would say that when using an open competitive list, agencies are constrained to appointing only those who are reachable. If they have knowledge of one or more eligibles who are reachable, they can certainly put that to use. Knowing that someone is a hard worker and has integrity, or that the person has knowledge of the program area, is a significant plus.

René

René Shekerjian
Testing Services Program Manager, Testing Services Division

Department of Civil Service
Empire State Plaza, Agency Building 1, Albany, NY 12239

(518) 402-2660 | Rene.Shekerjian at cs.ny.gov

www.cs.ny.gov