[IPAC-List] Preferred Qualification

Lance Seberhagen sebe at erols.com
Fri Sep 25 11:06:37 EDT 2015

Hi James -- Using a training & experience (T&E) rating to rank qualified
applicants would give the City more flexibility (and typically greater
validity) than a Pass/Fail assessment of preferred qualifications.
However, the key to a good T&E rating is a supplemental application form
that asks specific job-related questions about T&E, KSAs, willingness to
accept certain working conditions, etc., in addition to the general
application form. Thus, there would be a separate supplemental
application for each job or job family.  Check out the "Resources"
section of the IPAC website for advice on T&E ratings.

Lance S.
City of Dallas Alumnus