[IPAC-List] Full List of Managerial KSAPs ?

Michael McDaniel (WSF) McDaniel at workskillsfirst.com
Tue May 9 11:00:02 EDT 2017

Given all the hype about EI, it is reasonable that many believe that EI is
a useful construct. However, EI, as a psychological construct, is a load of
horse manure. A good psychological construct should not be highly
correlated with known and well-established constructs. The mixed model form
of EI is almost completely redundant with the Big 5 (with an emphasis on
emotional stability). The ability model form of EI is almost completely
redundant with the Big 5 and cognitive ability.

With reference to the most commonly used ability model measure (MSCEIT), it
is oddly scored. When scored more reasonably, it is a *g* measure.

[image: Inline image 2]
It is harmful to the credibility of our field to use bogus competencies.

Best wishes,

Mike

--
Michael A. McDaniel, Ph.D.